June 17 & August 5 | Saturday, 1-4pm
Island Rec Pool | ages 6 and up | $25 entry
Class 1: Kids: Ages 6-12 and Must be two children in the boat.
Class 2: Open: 6 and up. At least one Adult
Class 3: Build and Race: In this class bring materials and build and race on site.
Participants will have to build boats out of cardboard and race them 200yds (four laps in our pool) per heat.
Awards for: Best of Show, Best Dressed Team, Titanic Award, and sleekest looking. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places awarded in each class.
- The entire hull, superstructure and seating of all boats must be made entirely of corrugated cardboard.
- Items used as fasteners (nuts, bolts, washers, staples, glues) as well as the oars may be of material other than cardboard.
- Your boat must be free of sharp edges, pointy objects or anything else that could cause injuries.
- Absolutely NO use of the following items: Tar-based substances, two-part varnishes, fiberglass resin, or epoxy glue.
- Any form of paddle is permitted; one paddle per person.
- Boats are not to exceed 8 feet in length and 4 feet in width.
- All boats are subject to a technical inspection for compliance with these rules. A boat must pass inspection to be eligible for any award or prize. You will have a chance to fix a violation and be re-inspected.
- To qualify as a finisher in any heat, you must be IN your boat, not towing it in your teeth or between your legs
- Boats with the fastest times in the preliminary heats will advance to the semi-finals. The fastest semi-finalists will advance to the finals.
- All boat passengers must have a signed waiver turned in at registration.
- All children 12 and under must pass a swim test.
- To be considered a finisher, the passengers must be IN the boat. You can't tow the boat to the finish line.
- You must have fun and laugh before and during the races!!!