What To Bring
- Dry Change Of Clothes
- Blank Paper and a Pen/Pencil
**You Will Need To Take Notes**
- Lunch, Drinks, And Snacks
- Males: Swim Trunks/Board Shorts
***No Jammers or Swim Briefs
- Females: One piece suits
***No 2 piece Swimsuits
You will be tested on this the first day of class
Deep water Retrieval:
Time Limit within 1 minute 40 second
Starting in the water:
Sprint 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke.
Preform a feet first surface-dive 8ft deep, retrieve a 10lbs. brick, return to the surface without touching the bottom.
Swim back 20 yards to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Swim 300 yards Continuously:
one of the two ways
1. Freestyle using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing, propellant kick.
2. Breaststroke using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence.
Tread Water: 2 minutes
Using legs only with arms under armpits or stretched upward out of water
Guidelines for the Course
Ages 15 and up, Attend all class sessions
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities in pool and classroom: 40% of class
- Demonstrate competency in the three final skill scenarios: 40% of class
- Correctly answer at least 80% of the questions in the three sections of the final written exams: 20% of class
- Section 1: CPR/First Aid: Cannot miss more than 8 of the 40 questions
- Section 2: Lifeguarding skills/Head Neck and Back: 6 out of 30 questions part 1 and 8 out of 10 questions on part 2
Please make plans in advance to ensure that you have no conflicts with any of the class dates. Other than emergencies, absences will result in failure of the course. Registration Deadline is 48 Hours prior to the Class to insure materials for students. We reserve the right to cancel class due to low participation numbers. Please be advised that the class needs at least four participants to take place. Cancellation will take place within 24 hours of the class.
Absolutely No Cell Phones During Class
$225 For the LG Class | $100 For a LG Recertification